Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Disgusted but happy

I have been so busy with mom, cleaning out everyones "STUFF"!  Haven't crafted in more than a month... ~~~~~withdrawals~~~~~ But we are reaching bottom. Yeah!
Grandmas stuff, Papa & GG's stuff, people that have stayed some that for some reason never stayed but we have their stuff too. (rolling eyes) when my Mom use to jokingly say "If you are missing something it is probably at my house" (I thought she was joking) NOT!
Years of stuff that mom hasn't seen as my Ex BIL packed a lot of it up and stacked it 2 of the 5 rooms upstairs were completely packed top to bottom, front to back. We now have 2 bedrooms and a craft room with a single bed. We have 2 more rooms upstairs to finish.

Now for the disgusting part... our neighbors 3 doors down have cats. Lots of cats... I want to see the cats gone! 1 in particular as she keeps catching our chicks. Mom had that cat run right past her with a chick. I have seen it hunting them and run her off, but she keeps coming back. She got one 4 days ago I was furious! The Happy part is she showed up today. She is badly hurt, but doing ok for now. I will keep her inside for a few days as she has been without food or water and she is taking some in, but can't walk or isn't very steady.
She is missing a lot of feathers and has some pretty bad gashes. Right now she is sleeping on my chest wrapped in a piece of tee shirt. Making sweet little noises. Here are a couple of pictures of her. She is quite comfortable sleeping in the sling.
 Pretty beat up baby.
She has a bad smell to her so I'm not sure she will make it but hopefully we will be able to tell more tomorrow. In the meantime, anyone know how to keep cats away without hurting them? I have even called the sheriff's office and there is no laws against cats. But I can defend our chicks, but he could sue me if I hurt his cat. The only thing I can do is sue him for the chicks, but there would be no guarantees he would pay. So...I am open to almost any ideas. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a good new week.
XO Nana 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your tribulations with cats April. Try keeping a bottle of water to hand in one of those spray bottles that fire a jet of water and shoot it at the cat whenever you see it. The only other thing you can do is make your runs as cat proof as possible. There is a product available here which is a strong plastic with 'spikes' - the spikes are made from plastic so don't actually hurt cats but do deter them because they don't like walking on it. People here put this on the tops of their fences to stop cats coming over the fence but you could lay it alongside the runs to stop the cats.
    Love Lynn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We named her Miracle she is doing real good. If you lift the lid on the feed she climbs right in, she will also try to come in the house. And if you don't move too fast she will fly up on you. LOL she isn't afraid of us any more. Not sure what the guy did to the cat but since Miracle has been home the cat has only been here one time. And it avoids the live trap we set. So I don't care when I see it now as long as it stays out of our yard.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    xo

    ReplyDelete