Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

BEST! Ginger Cookies

I got this recipe from a Dear Friend, we both had Mini Schnauzers that would  tend to get a bit car sick. She shared this recipe and told me to make them in small bite size and feed to the dog when we traveled. It  helped too.
 Now I make them for hubby and kids as we no longer have any pets. I have found it best not to double this recipe. Better to make them separately as it does make a good sized batch.

Ginger Cookies
Cream
3/4 C butter 
2 C sugar.

Stir in
2 well beaten eggs
1/2 C molasses
2 t vinegar

Sift dry ingredients, then add to above:
3 3/4 C flour
1 1/2 ts soda
4-6 T ginger
2 round t cinnamon
1 1/2 t cloves 
1/2 t nutmeg

Mix all ingredients. drop on cookie sheets. Bake 325º 12 minutes

5 comments:

  1. Oh yummy these look delicious and I have made a note of the recipe :) Thank you April for sharing.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Lynn, Let me know if you try them. They do have a lot of ginger in them but they are perfect!

      Delete
  2. My mailing address for premade cookies is as follows....LOL! I love u and wish so much I could drive over and give you a hug right this very second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I owe you something huh... I missed your anniversary last year. Too much going on and you weren't here to remind me
    ;-))X

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I suppose that is true. It's ok. We kind of missed it ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete